The Maenad and the Mix

The other day I came across a mix of PWOG (*) tracks in the Black Dog site, as the third part in a series where the Black Dog guys pay tribute to artists like Robert Hood and UR (so far). They mix the original stuff with some of their own re-edits, a treasure for the fans. Check the page out:

The Black Dog:
One Hour With The Psychick Warriors Ov Gaia

You know I'm a PWOG sicko. And I consider myself to be a fan of the Black Dog - not a collector per se, but 'Spanners' might be the 'IDM' album I've listened to the most (I still do, after all these years). As Robert Hood is also the Detroit guy I respect the most and UR are undoubtedly leaders in their field, seeing all these together there it felt like a serotonin-party. Then I came upon a post by Moggieboy (the Ripped In Glascow guy), where the 'Maenad' 12" was posted. It was too good to be just a coincidence, so here it is:

PWOG - Maenad 12" by Moggieboy

I'll borrow the eXquisite CORpsE 1994 Kupuri 12" later on.

P.S. Actually, he's posted a lot of PWOG stuff so go there and get them.

5 comments:

Moggieboy said...

Wow - I didn't even know of that Black Dog series, let alone this one.

Cheers - and nice one for linking me in. I'll stuck you in my blogroll - dunno why you weren't before...

Moggieboy said...

Wow - just listened to it. Magnificent!

Do you have the other two?

Nightlight said...

Check their mixes page, they're all of them good:
http://www.theblackdogma.com/tbd/?cat=11

Shitty deal with the Chemical Beats guy, btw. I know how it goes sometimes, though.

Moggieboy said...

Hey - thanks for that. iPod suitably filled!

ModusMagus said...

Respect to the artists!!! Great to remember the old good time :) Thank you, Nightlight!