Birthday

- Do What Thou Wilt Shall Be The Whole Of The Law. -

If he was still alive it would be his birthday today (and he would be 133 years old), so I kind of owe this to him. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you... (menacing bongos and snare drum roll) The Great Beast himself.

This is a compilation of various recordings he did on wax cylinder (the recorders of the era) about a century ago, repressed many times in more modern formats since the '80s (check here), though the first one must have been this. Contains extracts from rituals, readings of his poems, a praise to the american people, even some singing. Found in various rips from the different pressings around the net (it's rather common as 'The Great Beast Speaks'). I don't exactly remember which is the one I have (I just kept the best rip I found), though they're all almost identical.

Aleister Crowley - 1910-1914 The Wax Cylinders recordings
Here.

To always be remembered as teacher, user, philosopher, scoundrel, evangelist, free man.

- Love Is The Law, Love Under Will. -

No comments: