The Deepest Shade Of Techno Vol. 1 & 2

Selections of unreleased and rare Detroit tracks, deep and moody and soulful.

Compiled by the legendary 4 Hero and Alan Oldham, include tracks by UR, Octave One, Eddie 'Flashin' Fowlkes, Claude Young, etc. etc., even an early Morgan Geist. Not exclusively Detroit artists as you'll notice, the mood is there though.

You know... Get them now.
VA - 1994 The Deepest Shade Of Techno Vol.1
Info here.

VA - 1996 The Deepest Shade Of Techno Vol.2
Info here.

The two volumes were re-issued by SSR in a less rare 2CD box.

A hidden track (#11) is included in Vol.2; for the sake of completeness, as it's only silence if I trust my speakers (and ears). I noticed it only a few months ago, didn't have the means to analyze it further. Maybe someone else will have the patience to do it...

P.S. A Passenger kindly shared with us Vol.1, a rip I was trying to find around the net for ages with no luck, so I had to update the post to the form it was really intended all that time. Thanx again.

5 comments:

a passenger said...

Hi.

The first part is Here.
This is ripped from the SSR version.
I'm not certain how many different this version is from the original Reflective version. Sorry.

Thanks for uploading John Tejada's first album.
I have been looking for this album so many years.

Keep on great postings.

Nightlight said...

Thanx a lot, really. As far as I see, they're not different at all. I'll add them to the main post as intended, if you don't mind of course.

Boom!

Felonious Thelonius said...

Sir,

You have taste. These posts are awesome. Thank you

Unknown said...

*Standing ovation

harpicboosh said...

Hi there

Would it be possible for a re up of the links for VA - 1994 The Deepest Shade Of Techno Vol.1?